Sunday, January 28, 2007

Now on to an airplane that sucks and blows...



Well, after 8 months with SkyWest, I'm transitioning over to the CRJ (Canadair Regional Jet). This is kinda unusual, as SkyWest has what's called a "seat lock" in place, meaning that whatever airplane you start out in, you're "locked" into that airplane until a year is up. Well, they need CRJ pilots so badly, that they're releasing people out of their seat locks early. So this means I get to transition sooner!

I'm excited to start ground school tomorrow. I'm sure that it'll be challenging, but I'm not as worried about it as I was the first time going through, cause now I know what to expect. A bunch of people who were in ground school with me when we were new hires are also going through transition with me, so I'll know a bunch of people in class already.

Today was mostly filled with running errands, especially getting food. I'll hold a regular schedule for about 3 weeks now, (8-5 Mon-Fri) so I'll actually be home to eat dinner. So I needed to get food to eat! Class starts tomorrow at 8 am, I'll write again soon to let people know how it's going!

The two pictures above were taken on Saturday, when I got back from my last trip in the Brasilia. The first picture you see is the flight deck of the Brasilia, my "office" so to speak, for the last 8 months, and yes, I do know what all those switches, knobs, buttons and gauges mean/do.

No comments: