Monday, April 16, 2007

Money can't buy happiness, but it will pay your bills...

Being off training pay is soooo nice since I'm finally making some money again. Not great money, but some money non the less. The past few weeks have been pretty good. I've been flying quite a bit, and my crews have been pretty cool. I wish I had more to report on that front, but I don't. It's pretty much been the same thing. Wish there was more.

Anyway, I'm going to be on a four day trip starting day after tomorrow, and then hopping a plane back home to the Cities for two days. Called Mom today to tell her and she said that I'd be coming into town the same days that Uncle Rick and Kelsey were coming into town to check out the U of M. Little surprise there! I won't pass up the opportunity to see family!

I'll see if I can get some pictures up here of my new job as a jet pilot, so you can see the new stuff that I'm flying!

For now I leave you with one of my favorite poems.

There is a place where the sidewalk ends
And before the street begins,
And there the grass grows soft and white,
And there the sun burns crimson bright,
And there the moon-bird rests from his flight
To cool in the peppermint wind.

Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black
And the dark street winds and bends
Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow
We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends.

Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And we'll go where the chalk-white arrows go,
For the children, they mark, and the children, they know
The place where the sidewalk ends.

No comments: