Sunday, June 17, 2007

I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on...


These last few weeks haven't been too bad. The first weekend of the month, I was home for a weekend to attend my 2nd of seven weddings I'm going to this summer. The two who were getting married were my friend Dan and his (now) wife Jenni. I met Dan through another friend, Tim, who I've known for about 7 years now. Anyway, it was a really nice ceremony, and afterwards at the reception they had a live band, which my friend Tim and a couple of my other friends played at. Anyway, they needed someone to run the sound system, so I reprised my role as sound guy for the first time in about 2 years. It was a blast. Anyway, since Tim was not only playing in the band but also in the wedding party, his fiance, whose name is also Jen, had no one to go with, so she called me up the night before and asked if I wanted to be her date, which was fun as well. I also dress myself. God I love having good taste.

This last trip I went on was one where I flew out of Atlanta quite a bit. I have some good friends who live down there whom I haven't gotten to see in quite awhile, so on one of my overnights we all got together and hung out. It was pretty sweet really.

Not too much to report other than that really. I've kinda gotten screwed on my June schedule cause I have only two days off between my trips, which means there's not a lot of time to go places and do things. Oh well. I'll survive.

Speaking of survival, I would recommend reading First They Killed My Father by Loung Ung. It's a novel about surviving the Pol Pot regime in Cambodia in the late seventies. It's really a moving and compelling story.

Since my last post regarding this books, which was April 1st, I have read:
A Short History of Nearly Everything – Bill Bryson
The House on Mango Street – Sandra Cisneros
The Hobbit – J.R.R. Tolkien
Into the Wild – Jon Krakauer
The Things They Carried – Tim O’Brien
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – J.K. Rowling
Things Fall Apart – Chinua Achebe
First They Killed My Father – Loung Ung
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – J.K. Rowling

All really good books. The last Harry Potter book comes out in July, so I'm trying to read them all before that, so I'm re-caught up on the whole story.

No comments: