Tuesday, July 11, 2006

2 down, 3 to go...

Well the last few days have been quite eventful. Tuesday was another sim in the morning, again waaaaaaay too early. We started out by going over flows again, and then did a few instrument approaches. Jason, my partner, went first and did pretty well. My brain must have gone on screensaver at some bad times because I froze on a few of my flows. Mind you I've been practicing these almost every day for the last 4 weeks, so I do know what I am doing with these, but for some reason, my brain decided to shut down at that particular moment. Our instructor was a little dissapointed, as was I, because I did them the first day no problem. Whatever. Anyway. I was a little worried cause we had a test on them the next day (today) where we had to do them pretty flawlessly to continue on with our training. At 8:30, we were done, we went back to the hotel, caught a few z's, and then I pretty much spent the rest of the day/night studying so I wouldn't be such an idiot this morning. Went to bed at 9pm, and had no trouble falling asleep.

Today woke up early again. Was a little bit more awake this morning and went a little bit slower with my stuff today, and everything went fine. I did miss one button, but the instructor said other than that I did a pretty good job! We did some more instrument approaches, and were done by 8:30. Went back to the hotel, slept for a little while, then watched a little tv. Chris, Hugh, Cindy, Stefanie, Jason and I are going to go out to dinner tonight to celebrate being done, then tomorrow it's off to Long Beach for some more sims. Can't wait to keep this thing going and get done with all this training!

No comments: