Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I've got two queens...

No, I'm not talking about poker, and I'm not talking about drag queens either. I have two queen size beds in my hotel room. But that comes later I guess.

Anyway, I haven't posted in awhile cause I've been back home in the Cities, so there's not much to post on. Just kinda chillin at home, making the least out of my days, which is perfectly fine. Today I started my 2000 mile odessey to Fresno, CA. Feel free to pull out a map and follow along if you like. I took highway 169 out of the Twin Cities down to Mankato, and from there took highway 60 to I-90. Once on I-90, that's where I stayed. It was, for the most part a pretty uneventful trip today, about 9 hours all told. In Mitchell, SD, the car needed gas so I stopped, and also saw the world's biggest corn palace. (Or so they say) It's a palace, you guessed it, made entirely out of ears of corn. Got back on 90 and drove past the Badlands, unfortunatly not having time to stop there. Oh well. There will be next times. I did stop in Wall, SD though to take a picture of the famous Wall Drug. As I was leaving Wall, it started to rain. Hard. That was fun, but it's not the worst rain I've driven through. Got into Rapid City at about 8 pm mountain time, and tried to find a hotel. Apparently Wednesday nights are a hopping time for this place, cause I had to go to about 5 hotels before I found this one, a Ramada, and it's the last one in the hotel. So I have two queen size beds. Dad says I have to sleep on both to get my money's worth. So tomorrow I'm going to be at least to Denver, but if I get there and it's still early enough I may do some more driving. Who knows. Anyway, more on that later. I did/am taking pictures along the way, but I have my 35 mm camera so I'll post pics once I get them developed. Night.

No comments: