Thursday, November 30, 2006

I love life.

Well, December is the first month I hold a line and guess what? I got displaced on my first 4 day trip. What does that mean? Basically, my Captain was probably a check airman and they needed him or her to do an IOE trip. (You remember IOE right? I did that back in August.) Anyway, once they displace me, the trip comes off my schedule. Scheduling has until 72 hours before the trip was supposed to begin to put something else on my schedule to replace it. If they don't put something on my schedule by 72 hours prior, I am officially released from duty (in other words, they can't put anything on my schedule at that point) and the best part...I STILL GET PAID FOR THE WHOLE TRIP AS IF I ACTUALLY WENT ON IT. Freaking sweet. So, since they didn't put anything on my schedule, I still get paid for that four day trip, and counting the days off I had prior to and after that trip, I have nine days off! So what am I gonna do? Travel to Alaska? Spain? Rome? Hong Kong? Hawaii? Nope. I'm gonna drive home. That's right. 1800 miles each way and I'm gonna get all my things from my parent's house so I finally have them ONCE AND FOR ALL. I know. I'm nuts. Seriously. How many times can someone drive halfway across the country in a 5 month time span? We shall see. Mom, Dad, if you read this tomorrow morning, the 1st of December, I'll prolly be somewhere in Wyoming by that point. Give me a Jingle! God I love my job...

No comments: