Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Rock stars have kidnapped my son...


Well, I had a three day weekend this past weekend in which I was going to try to go to Atlanta to see a few friends from college. This being the week before Thanksgiving however, the flights were all super full, so that didn't work out so well. I tried for the first flight, didn't make it and was told that it just got worse as the day went on. So there I was in the airport with a packed bag with no place to go. So I checked the flight loads to the Twin Cities, they looked good, and so I went home. Good times. I had the chance to see the newest addition to my high school friend possee: Marcus James.

Marcus was definitely not planned, but his parents, two of my best friends, have made the best of the situation and the kid is absolutely adorable. He was born on Nov. 3 at 11 am. I've never gotten to be an "Uncle" Ty before so this is kinda a trip!

This week I have three days worth of flying. I fly tomorrow just for the day and then fly on Thursday and get back Friday in time to catch the last flight back to the Cities. I get to spend Thanksgiving in St. George, UT. It's not as bad as it could be though. St. George is one of the nicer hotels we have, and at least it's not Los Angeles!

"The best things happen to those who make the best of the way things turn out." - Anon.

They certainly do.

No comments: