Thursday, November 16, 2006

There's quite a lot in my skull

Two posts in as many days? Holy cow! This is like I was back in groundschool and had nothing else better to do. Nothing is really new to report since my last one a couple days ago. I did a quick overnight in Sun Valley last night. It was kinda fun. I reported for work at 8 PM, we got to Sun Valley at about 10:30, went to hotel, met again this morning at 6:30, flew back to Salt Lake and I was done by 8:30. Nice. Sun Valley was really cruddy this morning, snow and low ceilings. It was kinda hair raising coming out of there, knowing we surrounded by mountains on all sides. We made it though, as is illustrated by the fact that I'm sitting here writing this.

Pinky has been enjoying the bed verily since I got it. I told him no cookies in the bed, as always, he was high on cottage cheese when I told him so I think it went in one elbow and out the other. So though I have crumbs in my bed, if I'm ever hungry in the middle of the night, there's usually enough of them to equate to an entire Chips Ahoy! cookie. They are definetly a thousand chips delicious. Pinky is also no closer to the realization of his dream that the world lose their affection for pants and wear Bermuda shorts. His new drug of choice, however, is to supplement his peanut butter addiction (seriously, a jar of JIF will send him into a frenzy much like cat nip on a feline) with a propensity for rendering himself unconscious by hitting himself on the head with heavy mining equipment. He was surfing the internet the other day and muttering something to himself about how a Caterpillar 994F Front End Loader was so grossly overpriced that a normal creature like him could never own one privately. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on him...

Utah and Salt Lake City are nice places. Don't get me wrong. The scenery here is gorgeous, and there's more outdoor stuff to do here than I can deal with. It does have some drawbacks though. There's not as much shopping. Before you get on me for being a woman, let me say that it's annoying to have to drive 20 minutes to the nearest Target. Growing up in the Cities where shopping is about prevalent as snow, it's a bit of a shock to have to travel to get to the nearest mall. There also aren't as many theaters, museums and concert halls here as there are in the Cities. You know that the Minneapolis/St. Paul area has more theaters per capita than New York? That's a fact you can take to the bank. There's also the fact that I have a whole load of friends up in the Cities. If Ben and Alison ever decided to leave the Salt Lake area, I wouldn't be too far behind. My lease on my apartment ends in February and I'm going to renew it for another 6 months. The rent's cheap and it'll give me an opportunity to save some money, cause if I did decide to move back to the Cities, rent would go up as housing is more expensive there. I flew with someone the other day who lives in Minneapolis and commutes here to SLC. He says the commute isn't bad, and never has a problem. So basically, what I'm saying is that while SLC is a really cool place, I'm not sure that it's a permanent home. Who knows. This time next year I could be still here, or I could be in St. Paul. I dunno. Mmmmm. Uncertain my future is. Search my feelings I should.

Leave you with a quote from Pulp Fiction:
"Who's motorcycle is that?"
"It's not a motorcycle baby, it's a chopper."
"What happened to my Honda?"
"Oh baby, I'm sorry. I had to crash that Honda."

It's funnier if you watch the movie. Trust me.

No comments: