Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I shot this horse three days ago...I believe it's starting to turn...

Not too much has been going on the last couple of days, I've been on reserve again since Sunday, but alas, they have not called. Oh well, it's given me a chance to get errands done and come to the conclusion that I'll be sleeping on an inflatable mattress for the rest of my life and have no living room furniture. It could be worse though I suppose. I could have no internet. That would be bad. Very bad. It would leave me alone with my own thoughts days in and day out, pondering. It'd probably result in my coming up with an imaginary friend named Pinky. We'd have such wonderful conversations, Pinky and I, but Pinky, not being the sharpest tool in the shed, would never be pondering what I'm pondering. I can see the conversation now, "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "I think so, but where are we going to find a mallard and a spoon at this time of night?" .....Sorry. That was weird.

In all seriousness though, my road bike that I had shipped here is coming tomorrow, yay! I've had it shipped to Ben and Al's place cause Ben is the one that has the tools to put it back together anyway. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

I went to the SLC Public Library today to get a library card. The downtown library is very nice, open with lots of glass. The one thing I didn't like was all the B.O. and the teenagers. I have never witnessed a place where so many people congregated at the same time that all needed a severe slathering of Old Spice. It was like I was on the Sarenghetti amid a herd of wildebeest in the sweltering noonday sun. What I wouldn't have given for an economy size bottle of Febreeze. Then the drama of teenage girls. Oh. My. God. There were a few of them there, who took it upon themselves to gossip loudly enough as to inform the rest of the patrons of the library who among their group of friends was doing what with whom. "John called me fat yesterday!" "You are sooooo not fat!" "I know! It's a gland thing!" (At this point she's shoving a twinkie in her mouth. I kid you not.) "John is just being stupid anyway." "I know. Boys are so stupid." As you can imagine, I'm glad I'm not in jr. high anymore. Praise the lord.

Anyway, not too much else planned on the schedule for this week. Planning on taking that bike out for a tour tomorrow, which will be sweet. Mom and Dad are taking advantage of the reduced price tickets that come as a perk with my job and are coming to see me over Friday and Saturday. Not sure what I'm going to do with them, but I'm sure I can some up with something. Until then, I'll be content to converse with Pinky . I'll leave you today with a line from Pirates of the Caribbean.

Jack Sparrow: No! Not good! Stop! Not good! What are you doing? You burned all the food, the shade... the rum!
Elizabeth Swan: Yes, the rum is gone.
Jack Sparrow: Why is the rum gone?
Elizabeth Swan: One: because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two: that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire royal navy is out looking for me, do you think there is even the slightest chance they wont see it?
Jack Sparrow: But why is the rum gone?

3 comments:

treadnorth said...

Yes, libraries. I too went to my local library today for a new library card, and I too am smelling BO and listening to teenagers. Hmm...

Anonymous said...

Ty that was your best blog yet. I laughed so much. The..Oh. My. God....so true!!! Thanks for the laugh. And why is it the rum is gone?

Kelsey said...

And from PCII
Why is the rum ALWAYS gone?