Saturday, September 23, 2006

Something under the sink is drooling...

Well it's been awhile, so I'll start off with last weekend. Mom and Dad came down which was alot of fun. They came down on Friday morning, and we went and toured the town a little and saw a couple of the canyons in the mountains that are just outside of town. Had lunch, then checked the 'rents into their hotel. Saturday we went and toured Temple Square, the heart of the Mormon religion. I've been there before, but the whole experience is rather weird. They have a 12 foot wall around the whole thing, but everyone inside is very friendly. Non-mormons are not allowed inside the temple itself, but the grounds are very pretty so that took up a little time. We went to eat and in the afternoon joined with my friends Alison, Ben and Julie and went to Park City. We walked around old downtown for awhile, looking at the shops and such. We had dinner at the Wasatch Brewery, which, like the name implies, brews its own beer. It's a place that I've been to before and is quite good. On Sunday Mom and Dad tried to fly back home and I went on a bike ride with Ben. We biked up Emigration Canyon which is one of the easier canyons to ride. (Not as much elevation change and such.) My muscles weren't doing too bad, though I couldn't feel my lungs by about halfway through! I gotta get more used to the altitude. Salt Lake sits at about 4,000 feet above sea level, so it's a little higher! When we got back from the ride, dad called to let me know that they had not gotten on the last flight leaving for St. Paul and were going to have to stay the night. They did however, end up getting on the first flight out the next morning.

On Monday I got a call from scheduling to let me know that they had placed a trip on my schedule. Woohoo! I get to fly! It was back in the California system, and I spent three days flying into LA, San Diego, Yuma AZ, Palm Springs and a couple others. On Thursday, I flew back to SLC and got on a plane to go home to St. Paul right after that. Friday and Saturday were spent seeing some friends whom I haven't seen in awhile, and eating home cooked food. As promised, I will post some pictures of the apartment, flying, and the SLC area.







No comments: