Monday, June 05, 2006

Holy Schnikies

Well, got into Salt Lake City at about 4 pm on Sunday. My roommate hadn't checked in yet, so I had the place to myself. It's pretty nice, got a full kitchenette and a few couches. Pretty comfy overall. I settled down into some light studying of speeds and limitations of the aircraft that I'm flying, the EMB-120 Brasilia. The study guide they gave us is about 3 pages long and I have until next Wednesday to have it all memorized.

Began class this morning at 8 am, we started with a company presentation. At about 10, we split up and went around to different rooms to get random things taken care of like paperwork (W-4s, other pilot stuff, etc.), fingerprinting, drug test and get a log in for the company's employee website. At about 11:30 we had lunch, Subway, which they provided for us. After lunch, we went back to the room where we started and went over all the benfit package stuff, like insurance, flight benfits, etc. At about 3 we met with our groundschool instructor for the first time. (Up until then we had spent most of the morning with people from the HR dept.) He seems like a pretty cool guy. He's out on medical leave because he had (of all things) a heart attack which required bypass surgery. He's good to go now, but likes teaching us youngins I guess. We got a HUGE stack of books that included company operating procedures, study guides, the manual for the airplane, and a bunch of other stuff. We got our first homework assignment too, which is to read the first 3 chapters of the operations manual and then answer an 82 question thing on it. I'm going to get working on that now, so I'll write again tomorrow!

No comments: