Thursday, June 08, 2006

My brain looks like chunky guacamole

Today...I'm not quite sure what we covered. Well, I know what we covered, just in not what order, so bear with me. I need a weeeknd.

We reviewed or homework from last night first thing this morning. We have a test on all this indoctrination stuff sometime next week. Our instructor is making it very easy for us to figure out what might be on the test though cause every now and then he says things like, "You might see this again." So those things have been getting extra highlights on my homework. We then started going over MORE indoctrination stuff, but now at least it's not all company policy. We're talking about weather and performance and stuff like that so we're actually getting involved with things instead of just sitting listening to lectures.

We're also having to start figuring out where we want to TRY and be based once we're done with training. I say try because being at the bottom of the barrel seniority wise, we get whatever's left. Looks like a number of us will be based in Fresno, because that's the base with the most openings, but where ever I do end up getting based, if it's not where I want to be, I can always put in a request for a transfer. So who knows what the future brings.

We also talked today about the 2 observation flights that we have to do before the end of class. It's kind of unusual that SkyWest does this, because not alot of other places do. So I get to do 2 flights in the cockpit of the airplane to observe procedures and stuff like that. I may try to get on a flight to Yellowstone or something cool. We'll just have to see what the passenger loads look like. Those will be coming up not this weekend, but the one after that.

Tonight is more studying, but a few of us are going to wander over to a bar next door for some reduced price food that they give to SkyWest people every Thursday night. I'm not expecting greatness, but cheap food is good food. Flows, limitations and indoc material is the food of choice for the mind tonight.

No comments: