Sunday, June 18, 2006

Your Mom Goes to College...

I've kinda been slacking on this whole blog thing for the last couple of days. Sorry about that.

Friday we had a different grouns school instructor. He was as really cool guy and helped us sort out any questions that we were having on the systems that we had previously been over. He was a really concise guy, and only told us what we really needed to know about each system. We have him again on Monday and Tuesday and I'm really looking forward to it.

Friday night we went to Biaggi's. It's a big italian restaurant chain (I think we have one in Minneapolis) Pretty good stuff. We went for dessert to Ben's Cookies. It's a cookie place (hence the name) that was started in Oxford, England. They're very very good cookies, and this store is the only one that is in the United States. That's probably cause the Winter Olympics were here some years ago and they wanted to bring in as much different kinds of stuff as they could. Anyway, super good.

Saturday I woke up at 6, which was rough cause that's earlier than I would normally wake up during the week. Went to the airport with some other people to do our observation flights. I got on a flight to Elko, NV. It was really cool sitting up in the cockpit of the aircraft and seeing the captain and first officer go through all the different stuff that we've been learning in class! they do it soooooo quick! I'll get there eventually. Elko was a nice little city which was about an hour away from Salt Lake by plane. Surrounded by mountains, so the flight over we had plenty to look at! After I got back at about 11, went back to the hotel room to study a little more. I soon started falling asleep at my computer, and took a nap which was supposed to be like 45 minutes but ended up being about two hours. Studied some more with a study group that evening. Got done there at about 8 or 9, then watched the movie Snatch until about 12. Finally made it to sleep at about 2 am, cause Spiderman was on after I got done watching the first movie, so I watched that one too.

Sunday woke up at about 10:30, studied, and now I'm here. Stefanie, Cindy and I are going to go to the Salt Lake Library (which is apparently a really cool looking place) to study for a little longer this afternoon. Chilling is planned for the rest of the night, then Monday starts the last full week of ground school! Where have the days gone!?!?

No comments: