Thursday, August 03, 2006

Done for a little while

Got done with my first IOE trip yesterday. All in all, it was a fun experience. My IOE captain was a really nice guy, and we had some fun while doing it. I'm still not "officially" hired yet, but getting closer. They want you to get about 35-40 hours for time before they release you into the real world, and on that trip I got about 22. A little ways to go yet. Anyway, my next IOE trip doesn't start until next Tuesday, so I have some time to kill. I was in a hotel last night, but today I'm going to move into a crashpad.

For those of you who are wondering, a crashpad is a place pilots can stay to rest. It's usually used by people who commute to their base, and don't live there. For example, if I were based in Fresno but lived in Salt Lake, I would need to commute to get to Fresno for the beginnings of my trips. If my trip ended late, past the last flight back to Salt Lake, I would need a place to stay. Instead of sleeping in the airport or paying for a hotel room, I could rent out a place in the crashpad so I'd have a place to sleep. This crashpad is a three bedroom townhouse with about 4 twin sized beds per room. People kinda come and go, and it's never really full there. Most of the time people don't live there like I'm going to be, but since I'm only here for a month before I transfer to Salt Lake, the guy who owns the place said that'd be cool.

Not sure what I'm going to do for the next few days in Fresno, but I'm pretty sure a trip to Yosemite is probably in order. What the heck else am I gonna do? I'm working on getting those pictures developed too, so I'll get those on here when I can!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I don't know what an IOE trip is. Please inform and ENJOY Yosemite.

Your uninformed grandmother