Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Where are we again?

Well yesterday was much better than the first day, mostly cause we were on time and didn't have any aircraft problems. Yesterday I did alot of the flying cause my captain wanted me to get some experience with the aircraft. Good idea I thought. We left Medford, OR at about 12:30 and went to San Fran. It was really cool all the way down cause my captain was pointing out all the sights along the way. We flew right over the Napa and Sonoma Valleys, which are right next to each other. May have to stop there sometime for some wine tasting. My captain also pointed out a string of lakes that runs north/south along a line about 10 miles in from the coast. They start north of San Fransisco and continue down past San Fransisco. My captain was explaining to me that that is where the San Andreas Fault Line is. Kinda scary, just a little bit. We also flew over Stanford University, and saw their partical accelerator, which is buried below the ground but you can see it from the air cause there are no trees growing over the area for about a mile long straight line. The rest of the day was pretty routine, I was getting my routine down better and figuring out what I needed to do and when. The rest of the day took us to Eureka, CA, and to Redmond, OR, with stops again in San Fran inbetween. I'm getting to know San Fransisco very well. Last night we got into Redmond by 9, got some dinner and then hit the sack. Today we don't have to show up until 2, so that's nice, and hopefully we'll be done by 10 tonight!

No comments: