Thursday, August 10, 2006

I can see the light!

Just got back last night from another trip. The captain was really cool. She was in her thirties and used to be in the military. The first day was kinda long, we went to Las Vegas twice, then went to Los Angeles twice? I think. Anyway we ended up in Inyokern, CA for the night which is about as much fun as it sounds. It's a small po-dunk town north of LA that has nothing around it for miles except military testing sites. Wonderful. The next day we didn't really do anyhting all day, flew from Inyokern to LA and then deadheaded back home. Deadheading is where you don't end up back at your base so you just hope on another flight back home. You still get paid though even though you're not flying. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Today I do another two day trip with the same captain and hopefully this should be the end of IOE if I have enough time by the end of it! Hopefully hopefully so! Today we're off to LA, Bakersfield, and Inyokern again, then tomorrow it's LA, San Diego and someplace else. I'm not sure anymore, but whatever. So hopefully the next time I write I'll be done with IOE Woohoo!

No comments: