Monday, August 21, 2006

That was interesting

So I'm sitting on reserve on Friday and I happen to check my schedule and see that they put a two day trip on my schedule beginning on Sunday. Wohoo! That means I actaully get to do something besides sit on my butt! Anyway, Saturday afternoon rolls around and I get a phone call from scheduling telling me that they need me to repo (reposition) an airplane from Fresno to Palm Springs. Cool. I asked how I was going to do my trip the next day, and they said they'd fly me to San Fran on Sunday so I could make my trip. The captain and I met at the airport in Fresno, and got ready to repo the aircraft. Just as we were getting ready to close the door, we get a message to call scheduling. We called and they needed us to do a quick maintenance flight on another aircraft in Fresno. Good times. It was quick and painless, and then we were on to Palm Springs. When you repo an airplane, by the way, there are no people on the aircraft. Got into Palm Springs at about 9 or so, and got to the hotel, which was REALLY nice by the way.

The next morning I left the hotel at about 10:30 to catch a flight to LA. Got on that flight no problem, then had about an hour before my flight to San Fran. The flight from Palm Springs to LA was on a SkyWest airplane, the flight from LA to San Fran was going to be on a United aircraft. We boarded the United airplane, and the flight attendant told us that we would be delayed getting into SFO (San Fran) and to just hold tight. I called up scheduling to let them know that I could possibly be late to begin my flight in SFO. About 20 minutes after we supposed to take off I finally talked to the head flight attendant what was going on and the flight attendant revealed that we had no flight crew! No one in the cockpit! They were delayed getting into LA. I asked when we would be getting off, and they sayed it was no going to be a 3:30 takeoff. Not gonna work if I had to be in SFO by 3:50. I called up scheduling again and told them the situation and they told me to call back. After about 10 minutes I called back and they told me that they had found someone to take my trip, and that I was going back t oFresno, cause they had nothing else for me to do. So after a long day, I ended up doing nothing. Oh well. Such is the life of someone on the low end ot the totem pole in the airlines. It'll get better as time goes on though thankfully.

I am going back to Salt Lake on Wednesday to look at some more apartments and see if there's anything else to find. Then it's back to Fresno for 5 days then goodbye to it forever! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah for the good old days when I loved this job as much as you. No worry's mate, you'll soon be just as bitter, unhappy, and lonely as the rest of us. Oh, and Fcuk GoJets and deport Hulas!!