Saturday, August 05, 2006

The grass was rocking back and forth in the breeze like an oscillating fan set to medium

First of all, that last post was supposed to be titled "For the UNINFORMED", not the uniformed. That would be a little weird. Well anyway, I went to Yosemite today. Wish I could have camped, but the time I got there all the campsites were taken. Oh well. I drove up to Glacier Point, which overlooks Yosemite Valley. What a cool view. I'm getting the pictures developed tomorrow, then I'll post them all. I didn't think that it was going to be too crowded, but boy, was I wrong. After about 20 more minutes of drving, I made it to the Charlie Foxtrot that is Yosemite Valley. (For those of you who are unaware, Charlie Foxtrot is an abbreviation for a rather vulgar term which means that there are alot of screwups taking place in a very confind area.) Wow. There could not have been any more cars and people there. Yosemite was unlike any place I'd seen, both in the views and the people. There was a grocery store, yes, a full size store in the park, which is run by the park service. So many vehicles though. I'll have to make sure to come during the week sometime. Which brings me to a rant. First of all, I have come to the conclusion that National Parks, or any park for that matter, is best viewed from a car with a ginormous sunroof (Subarus) or a convertible. Basically, a smaller vehicle. LARGE VEHICLES SUCK! THEY DRIVE ME CRAZY! Anyone who needs to bring a vehicle larger than a Ford Explorer anywhere is bringing too much stuff. I can't tell you how many honking tanks of vehicles were clogging up the roads. Don't get me started on motor homes either. Good lord. They're slow, they guzzle gas, they take up more parking spaces than God would. So basically, if your car get less than 22 miles to the gallon highway or makes the Titanic look like a Tootsie Roll, it doesn't belong in a National Park. Another thing about it, every now and then, you'd hit a spot where the pine smell was so strong you'd think that you were breathing out of one of those bottles of pine concentrate that my mom uses to make the house smell nice at Christmas. So cool.

The biggest thing I've learned over the past two weeks however, is that National Parks SUCK.............without people there to share it with so...I'm calling on Alison, Dave, Chris, Derek, Chris, Deanna, Rachel, Tim, LeAnn, Jenny, Andy, Jodi, Andy, Natalie, Jeni, Matt, Margot, Dani, Colleen, Chrissy, Nick, Ben, Casey, Sarah, Ryan, Mike, Chris, Ben, Sophia, Jesi, Steve, Nate, Richard, Ellen, Timmay, Trevor, Mike, Marc, Shaun and my relatives, Bebe, Mom, Dad, Mike, Rams, Mitch, Cody, Rach, Teri, Steve, Lis, Rick, Corlyn, Kels, Cameron, Tad, and Drew, to get off your butts and come do some stuff with me! I'll see what I can do about buddy passes!

No comments: